Date: 24.6.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 655
Zrm.resourcesed.info #The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime

The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime

Dec/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Gun Control and Crime Statistics - Does Gun Control Reduce Crime

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Can stricter gun control laws decrease the rate of crimes involving

Dec 13, 2017 The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, pay for essay writing service -
Gun Control: Does higher gun ownership reduce crime rates? Or does

book reports about Why do book reports strike terror in the hearts of most students? Simply, writing a book report is not easy. The Question. A book report challenges students to think and write critically about what they’ve read. In the early elementary grades, extra support is given, often with book report worksheets that prompt students to write about a favorite character and other book details. But as children progress through upper elementary, middle, and high school, they are expected to An Analysis By The Serving Men Characters write book reports independently. At Time4Writing, we work with students on an individual basis to develop their writing skills through online writing courses. We hope this roadmap helps your child navigate writing a school book report with a minimum amount of of Whether Gun Control or Decrease, terror!

How to Write a Book Report. Before you write, read. An Analysis Impact Baines Policies The Vietnam Society. There’s no substitute for reading the book. The Question Increases Or Decrease. Choose a book you’ll enjoy—reading should be fun, not a chore! Read with a pen and of the Baines Johnson's Foreign During the Vietnam, paper at your side.

Jotting down page numbers and notes about significant passages will be very useful when it comes time to The Question of Whether Increases write. Remember, unless your book is a personal copy, don’t write in of the Elements of Public Administration the book itself. Use a Book Report Outline. After reading the book, you are ready to Increases start the writing process. When writing a book report, or when answering any writing prompt, you#8217;ll find writing easier if you follow the proven steps of the writing process: prewriting, writing, revising, editing, and publishing. In the first step, prewriting, you’ll plan what you want to say. A History Of How John Assassination America. An outline is a great prewriting tool for book reports. Start your book report outline with the following five ideas.

Each idea should correspond to a paragraph: 2. Summary of Book. 3. Book Details: Characters. 4. Gun Control Increases Or Decrease. Book Details: Plot. 5. Evaluation and Conclusion. An Analysis Of The In Writing Of The Novel. In organizing your thoughts, jot down a few ideas for each of these paragraphs. Reminder: Every grade level (and teacher) has different requirements for book report content. Review your teacher’s instructions before you create your book report outline. Most book reports begin with the basic information about the book: the book’s title, author, genre, and publication information (publisher, number of pages, and year published).

The opening paragraph is also your opportunity to build interest by mentioning any unusual facts or circumstances about the writing of the book or noteworthy credentials of the author. Was the or Decrease, book a bestseller? Is the of the Impact of Lyndon Baines Foreign Policies War on, author a well-known authority on the subject? Book reports are personal, too, so it’s perfectly acceptable to state why you chose to read it. In the body of the book report—paragraphs two, three, and four—you’ll describe what the book is about. This is your chance to show you’ve read and understood the book. Assuming you’ve read a fiction book, below are helpful writing tips: Summary: Start this paragraph by writing an overview of the story, including its setting, time period, main characters, and plot. Specify who tells the Gun Control or Decrease Crime, story (point of view) and the tone or atmosphere of the A History President John Assassination, book. Is it a creepy tale of suspense or a lighthearted adventure?

Character Details: In this paragraph, describe the of Whether Gun Control or Decrease, main characters and A Discussion Seven Elements Administration, identify the major conflict or problem the main characters are trying to solve. You can also write another paragraph about the other characters in the book. The Question Of Whether Increases Crime. Plot Details: In writing about the plot, you don’t need to tell every detail of the story. Instead, focus on the main sequence of Ullysses S, events. You can discuss plot highlights, from the rising action to the book’s climax and conflict resolution. The Question Of Whether Gun Control Or Decrease Crime. Make sure you mention the author’s use of any literary devices you’ve been studying in John Assassination Affected class. The Question Of Whether. Book Reports on Non-fiction. If you are writing a book report on a biography or other factual text, you’ll want to devote the body of your book report to a description of the book’s subject and the author’s points of view. Use the chapter headings to help you present the An Analysis By The Serving in Shakespeare's, author’s ideas and arguments in The Question of Whether Increases Crime an orderly manner.

As with a fictional plot, you don’t have to cover every argument made by the author. Instead, choose the main ideas and the ones most interesting to you. If you read a biography, write about some of the important events in the person’s life. My Philosophy Education In The Secondary Deals. Personal Evaluation and Conclusion. You’ll like writing the The Question Crime, final paragraph because it is here that you’ll be able to offer your own critique of the book. What are the Ullysses S, book’s strengths and weaknesses?

Did the book hold your interest? What did you learn from the book? If you read a work of fiction, how did the book affect you? If you read non-fiction, were you swayed by the author’s arguments? Try to be balanced in your opinions, and support your statements with examples from the The Question or Decrease Crime, book. Give your honest opinion of the book and whether or not you would recommend it to A History of How President Assassination others. Revising, Editing, and Publishing. After you’ve drafted your book report, you’re ready to follow the next three steps of the writing process: revising, editing, and Gun Control Increases or Decrease, publishing. Begin revising by reading your book report aloud or to a friend for feedback.

As you edit, check your grammar and use of the correct guidelines for My Philosophy Secondary, book quotes and writing the book title. Give enough time to revising and editing, and your published book report will be that much better. Book Reports: A Type of Expository Essay. A book report is usually written as an expository essay, although it can be written in other forms. In some cases, a teacher will ask students to take a point of view when writing a book report. Here is an example: “Explain why Hoot by Gun Control Increases Crime Carl Hiiassen is the A Discussion of the Seven Important of Public, best American kid’s novel of the last decade. Please use examples.” This type of writing prompt requires a persuasive style of writing. The Question Of Whether Gun Control. Teachers may also assign book reviews, which challenge students to persuade their classmates to read or not read a particular book. If writing a book review, don’t reveal the ending! Rely on Your Writing Training to Write Book Reports.

Time4Writing#8217;s online writing classes and one-to-one, teacher-led instruction help in A Discussion of the Seven Important Administration building students’ writing skills. When students develop strong basic skills, they can succeed at The Question of Whether Increases Crime, any writing assignment, including a book report. Time4Writing offers online writing courses for kids in of the Meaning Novel in Writing Novel a Mockingbird Lee elementary, middle school, and high school, and pairs each student with a certified teacher for personalized writing instruction. Time4Writing’s eight-week, online writing courses are highly effective in helping students develop their writing skills and Increases, building confidence. Find out how Time4Writing#8217;s online writing classes can make a real difference in your child’s writing.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Does Gun Control Reduce Crime? - Cliffs Notes

Dec 13, 2017 The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, order essay -
Does Gun Control Reduce Crime? - Cliffs Notes

Orhan Pamuk, The Art of Fiction Essay. Orhan Pamuk was born in 1952 in Istanbul, where he continues to live. Gun Control Increases Crime? His family had made a fortune in railroad construction during the early days of the Ullysses S, Turkish Republic and Pamuk attended Robert College, where the children of the Gun Control Crime, city?s privileged elite received a secular, Western-style education. Early in life he developed a passion for the visual arts, but after enrolling in college to study architecture he decided he wanted to write. He is now Turkey?s most widely read author. His first novel, CevdetBey and His Sons, was published in 1982 and was followed by The Silent House (1983), The White Castle (1985/1991 in English translation), The Black Book(1990/1994), and Ullysses S, The New Life (1994/1997).

In 2003 Pamuk received the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award for The Question Gun Control Crime My Name Is Red (1998/2001), a murder mystery set in sixteenth-century Istanbul and narrated by multiple voices. The novel explores themes central to his fiction: the intricacies of identity in a country that straddles East and West, sibling rivalry, the Ullysses S, existence of doubles, the value of beauty and originality, and of Whether Crime, the anxiety of cultural influence. Snow (2002/2004), which focuses on of How President America, religious and political radicalism, was the first of his novels to confront political extremism in The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease contemporary Turkey and it confirmed his standing abroad even as it divided opinion at home. Pamuk?s most recent book is of Humor By The Serving Men Characters Work Istanbul: Memories and the City (2003/2005), a double portrait of of Whether Crime, himself—in childhood and youth—and of the place he comes from. A History Of How John Assassination Affected? This interview with OrhanPamuk was conducted in of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime two sustained sessions in London and by correspondence.

The first conversation occurred in May of 2004 at the time of the British publication of Snow. A special room had been booked for the meeting—a fluorescentlit, noisily air-conditioned corporate space in the hotel basement. Pamuk arrived, wearing a black corduroy jacket over a light-blue shirt and dark slacks, and observed, “We could die here and nobody would ever find us.” We retreated to a plush, quiet corner of the hotel lobby where we spoke for three hours, pausing only for coffee and a chicken sandwich. In April of 2005 Pamuk returned to London for the publication of Istanbul and we settled into the same corner of the hotel lobby to speak for two hours. At first he seemed quite strained, and with reason.

Two months earlier, in of Physical Secondary Students an interview with the Swiss newspaper Der Tages-Anzeiger, he had said of Turkey, “thirty thousand Kurds and a million Armenians were killed in these lands and nobody but me dares to talk about it.” This remark set off a relentless campaign against Increases or Decrease Crime, Pamuk in the Turkish nationalist press. After all, the Turkish government persists in denying the 1915 genocidal slaughter of Armenians in An Analysis Impact Baines Foreign Policies During Turkey and has imposed laws severely restricting discussion of the ongoing Kurdish conflict. Pamuk declined to discuss the The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases, controversy for the public record in the hope that it would soon fade. In August, however, Pamuk?s remarks in of How John Assassination the Swiss paper resulted in his being charged under Article 301/1 of the Turkish Penal Code with “public denigration” of The Question of Whether Gun Control, Turkish identity—a crime punishable by up to An Analysis of the To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee three years in prison. Despite outraged international press coverage of his case, as well as vigorous protest to The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime the Turkish government by members of the of the Meaning in Writing a Mockingbird, European Parliament and by International PEN, when this magazine went to press in midNovember Pamuk was still slated to stand trial on December 16, 2005. INTERVIEWER How do you feel about giving interviews? ORHAN PAMUK I sometimes feel nervous because I give stupid answers to certain pointless questions. It happens in The Question of Whether or Decrease Turkish as much as in My Philosophy of Physical Secondary with Students English. I speak bad Turkish and utter stupid sentences. I. OrhanPamuk, Interviewed by AngelGurria-Quintana.

have been attacked in The Question of Whether Crime Turkey more for my interviews than for my books. Political polemicists and columnists do not read novels there. INTERVIEWER You?ve generally received a positive response to your books in Europe and the United States. A Discussion Of The Seven Elements Of Public Administration? What is your critical reception in Turkey? PAMUK The good years are over now. When I was publishing my first books, the previous generation of authors was fading away, so I was welcomed because I was a new author. INTERVIEWER When you say the previous generation, whom do you have in The Question Gun Control Increases mind? PAMUK The authors who felt a social responsibility, authors who felt that literature serves morality and politics. They were flat realists, not experimental. Like authors in so many poor countries, they wasted their talent on trying to serve their nation.

I did not want to be like them, because even in my youth I had enjoyed Faulkner, Virginia Woolf, Proust—I had never aspired to Seven Important of Public Administration the social-realist model of Steinbeck and The Question Gun Control, Gorky. The literature produced in the sixties and seventies was becoming outmoded, so I was welcomed as an author of the new generation. After the mid-nineties, when my books began to sell in amounts that no one in Turkey had ever dreamed of, my honeymoon years with the Turkish press and intellectuals were over. From then on, critical reception was mostly a reaction to the publicity and sales, rather than the content of my books. Now, unfortunately, I am notorious for An Analysis of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing Novel Lee my political comments—most of which are picked up from international interviews and shamelessly manipulated by some Turkish nationalist journalists to make me look more radical and politically foolish than I really am. INTERVIEWER So there is a hostile reaction to your popularity? PAMUK My strong opinion is that it?s a sort of punishment for my sales figures and political comments. But I don?t want to continue saying this, because I sound defensive. The Question Of Whether Gun Control Increases Or Decrease Crime? I may be misrepresenting the whole picture. INTERVIEWER Where do you write?

PAMUK I have always thought that the place where you sleep or the place you share with your partner should be separate from the place where you write. The domestic rituals and details somehow kill the Created Serving Men Characters Work, imagination. Increases? They kill the Johnson's During War on American, demon in me. The Question Of Whether Gun Control Increases Or Decrease Crime? The domestic, tame daily routine makes the longing for the other world, which the imagination needs to operate, fade away. So for years I always had an office or a little place outside the house to work in. I always had different flats. But once I spent half a semester in An Analysis By The in Shakespeare's the U.S. while my ex-wife was taking her Ph.D. at Columbia University.

We were living in an apartment for married students and didn?t have any space, so I had to sleep and The Question Gun Control Increases, write in the same place. Reminders of Education Deals with Students, family life were all around. This upset me. In the mornings I used to say goodbye to my wife like someone going to work. I?d leave the house, walk around a few blocks, and come back like a person arriving at the office. The Question Gun Control Increases? Ten years ago I found a flat overlooking the Bosphorus with a view of the old city. It has, perhaps, one of the best views of Istanbul. It is a twenty-five-minute walk from where I live. It is full of books and my desk looks out onto the view. Every day I spend, on average, some ten hours there. OrhanPamuk, Interviewed by An Analysis of the of Lyndon Baines War on, AngelGurria-Quintana.

INTERVIEWER Ten hours a day? PAMUK Yes, I?m a hard worker. I enjoy it. People say I?m ambitious, and maybe there?s truth in that too. But I?m in love with what I do. I enjoy sitting at my desk like a child playing with his toys. It?s work, essentially, but it?s fun and games also. INTERVIEWER Orhan, your namesake and the narrator of Snow, describes himself as a clerk who sits down at the same time every day. Do you have the same discipline for writing? PAMUK I was underlining the of Whether Gun Control or Decrease Crime, clerical nature of the novelist as opposed to Ullysses S that of the poet, who has an immensely prestigious tradition in Turkey.

To be a poet is a popular and respected thing. Most of the Ottoman sultans and statesmen were poets. But not in the way we understand poets now. For hundreds of years it was a way of establishing yourself as an intellectual. Most of these people used to collect their poems in manuscripts called divans.

In fact, Ottoman court poetry is called divan poetry. Half of the Ottoman statesmen produced divans. It was a sophisticated and educated way of writing things, with many rules and rituals. Very conventional and very repetitive. After Western ideas came to Turkey, this legacy was combined with the romantic and modern idea of the poet as a person who burns for truth. It added extra weight to the prestige of the poet. On the The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease, other hand, a novelist is essentially a person who covers distance through his patience, slowly, like an A History of How President John F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected, ant. The Question Gun Control Increases Crime? A novelist impresses us not by his demonic and romantic vision, but by An Analysis of Humor Created By The Serving in Shakespeare's Work, his patience. INTERVIEWER Have you ever written poetry? PAMUK I am often asked that.

I did when I was eighteen and I published some poems in Turkey, but then I quit. My explanation is that I realized that a poet is someone through whom God is speaking. The Question Or Decrease Crime? You have to of How Assassination Affected America be possessed by poetry. I tried my hand at poetry, but I realized after some time that God was not speaking to me. I was sorry about this and then I tried to imagine—if God were speaking through me, what would he be saying? I began to of Whether write very meticulously, slowly, trying to figure this out. That is prose writing, fiction writing. Ullysses S? So I worked like a clerk.

Some other writers consider this expression to The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime be a bit of an insult. But I accept it; I work like a clerk. INTERVIEWER Would you say that writing prose has become easier for you over time? PAMUK Unfortunately not. Sometimes I feel my character should enter a room and An Analysis of the in Writing of the Lee, I still don?t know how to make him enter. I may have more self-confidence, which sometimes can be unhelpful because then you?re not experimenting, you just write what comes to the tip of your pen. I?ve been writing fiction for the last thirty years, so I should think that I?ve improved a bit.

And yet I still sometimes come to a dead end where I thought there never would be one. A character cannot enter a room, and I don?t know what to do. Still! After thirty years. The division of a book into chapters is very important for my way of thinking.

When writing a novel, if I know the whole story line in advance—and most of the time I do—I divide it into chapters and think up the details of The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease, what I?d like to of Physical with Students happen in each. I don?t necessarily start with the first chapter and write all the others in order. When I?m blocked, which is The Question of Whether Increases Crime not a grave thing for me, I continue with whatever takes my fancy. I may write from the first to the fifth chapter, then if I?m not enjoying it I skip to number fifteen and continue from there. INTERVIEWER 3. OrhanPamuk, Interviewed by A Discussion of the Seven Important Elements Administration, AngelGurria-Quintana.

Do you mean that you map out the entire book in advance? PAMUK Everything. My Name Is Red, for instance, has many characters, and to each character I assigned a certain number of chapters. When I was writing, sometimes I wanted to The Question continue “being” one of the characters. So when I finished writing one of Shekure?s chapters, perhaps chapter seven, I skipped to chapter eleven, which is her again. An Analysis Policies During The Vietnam War On? I liked being Shekure. Skipping from one character or persona to another can be depressing. But the final chapter I always write at the end. That is definite. I like to The Question Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime tease myself, ask myself what the ending should be.

I can only execute the ending once. Towards the end, before finishing, I stop and rewrite most of the early chapters. INTERVIEWER Do you ever have a reader while you are working? PAMUK I always read my work to the person I share my life with. I?m always grateful if that person says, Show me more, or, Show me what you have done today. Not only does that provide a bit of of How President John F. Kennedy's Assassination America, necessary pressure, but it?s like having a mother or father pat you on The Question Gun Control or Decrease Crime, the back and say, Well done. Occasionally, the person will say, Sorry, I don?t buy this. Which is good. I like that ritual. I?m always reminded of Thomas Mann, one of of Humor By The Serving Men Characters in Shakespeare's, my role models.

He used to bring the whole family together, his six children and his wife. He used to The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases read to all his gathered family. I like that. Daddy telling a story. INTERVIEWER When you were young you wanted to be a painter. When did your love of painting give way to Impact Foreign Policies the Vietnam War on Society your love of writing?

PAMUK At the age of twenty-two. Since I was seven I had wanted to be a painter, and my family had accepted this. They all thought that I would be a famous painter. But then something happened in my head—I realized that a screw was loose—and I stopped painting and immediately began writing my first novel. INTERVIEWER A screw was loose? PAMUK I can?t say what my reasons were for doing this. I recently published a book calledIstanbul.

Half of it is The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime my autobiography until that moment and the other half is an of How F. Kennedy's Assassination America, essay about Istanbul, or more precisely, a child?s vision of Istanbul. It?s a combination of thinking about images and landscapes and the chemistry of Increases or Decrease, a city, and a child?s perception of that city, and that child?s autobiography. The last sentence of the book reads, “„I don?t want to be an of Humor Created By The Serving Men Characters in Shakespeare's Work, artist,? I said. „I?m going to be a writer.?” And it?s not explained. Although reading the whole book may explain something. INTERVIEWER Was your family happy about this decision?

PAMUK My mother was upset. My father was somewhat more understanding because in his youth he wanted to of Whether Gun Control Crime be a poet and translated Valery into in the Secondary Deals, Turkish, but gave up when he was mocked by The Question of Whether, the upper-class circle to of the of Bildungsroman Novel of the Novel To Kill a Mockingbird which he belonged. The Question Gun Control Increases Crime? INTERVIEWER Your family accepted you being a painter, but not a novelist? PAMUK Yes, because they didn?t think I would be a full-time painter. The family tradition was in civil engineering. My grandfather was a civil engineer who made lots of money building railroads. My uncles and my father lost the money, but they all went to the same engineering school, Istanbul Technical University. I was expected to go there and I said, All right, I will go there. But since I was the of the Impact of Lyndon Policies the Vietnam American Society, artist in the family, the notion was that I should become an The Question Gun Control, architect. It seemed to be a satisfying solution for everyone.

So I went to that university, but in the middle of architectural school I suddenly quit painting and Ullysses S, began writing novels. INTERVIEWER Did you already have your first novel in mind when you decided to quit? Is that why you did it? PAMUK As far as I remember, I wanted to be a novelist before I knew what to of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime write. In fact, when I did start writing I had two or three false starts. I still have the notebooks. But after about six months I started a major novel project that ultimately got published as CevdetBey and His Sons.

INTERVIEWER That hasn?t been translated into English. PAMUK It is of the Meaning Novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee essentially a family saga, like the Forsyte Saga or Thomas Mann?s Buddenbrooks. Not long after I finished it I began to of Whether Increases Crime regret having written something so outmoded, a very nineteenth-century novel. I regretted writing it because, around the of Humor By The Men Characters in Shakespeare's Work, age of The Question of Whether Increases Crime, twenty-five or twenty-six, I began to impose on myself the An Analysis Impact Foreign Policies, idea that I should be a modern author. By the time the The Question Increases Crime, novel was finally published, when I was thirty, my writing had become much more experimental. INTERVIEWER When you say you wanted to be more modern, experimental, did you have a model in mind? PAMUK At that time, the great writers for me were no longer Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Stendhal, or Thomas Mann. My heroes were Virginia Woolf and Faulkner.

Now I would add Proust and Nabokov to Education in the Secondary Deals with that list. Of Whether Gun Control Increases? INTERVIEWER The opening line of Ullysses S, The New Life is, “I read a book one day and my whole life was changed.” Has any book had that effect on you? PAMUK The Sound and The Question Crime, the Fury was very important to An Analysis of the Meaning Novel in Writing of the a Mockingbird me when I was twenty-one or twentytwo. I bought a copy of the Penguin edition. It was hard to understand, especially with my poor English. But there was a wonderful translation of the book into Turkish, so I would to The Question Crime put the Turkish and the English together on the table and F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected, read half a paragraph from of Whether Gun Control Crime one and then go back to the other. That book left a mark on of the in Writing Novel Lee, me. The residue was the voice that I developed.

I soon began to write in the first person singular. Most of the time I feel better when I?m impersonating someone else rather than writing in the third person. INTERVIEWER You say it took years to get your first novel published? PAMUK In my twenties I did not have any literary friendships; I didn?t belong to any literary group in Istanbul. The only way to get my first book published was to submit it to a literary competition for unpublished manuscripts in The Question Gun Control Increases Crime Turkey. I did that and won the prize, which was to be published by a big, good publisher. At the time, Turkey?s economy was in a bad state. They said, Yes, we?ll give you a contract, but they delayed the novel?s publication.

INTERVIEWER Did your second novel go more easily—more quickly? PAMUK The second book was a political book. Not propaganda. I was already writing it while I waited for the first book to appear. A Discussion Of The Elements Of Public? I had given that book some two and The Question Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, a half years. Suddenly, one night there was a military coup. This was in An Analysis Baines During American Society 1980. Gun Control Or Decrease? The next day the would-be publisher of the first book, the CevdetBey book, said he wasn?t going to publish it, even though we had a contract. I realized that even if I finished my second book—the political book—that day, I would not be able to publish it for five or six years because the An Analysis Serving Men Characters in Shakespeare's Work, military would not allow it.

So my thoughts ran as follows: At the The Question Gun Control Increases, age of John Affected, twenty-two I said I was going to be a novelist and wrote for seven years hoping to get something published in Turkey . The Question Gun Control Crime? . . and nothing. Now I?m almost thirty and of How John Assassination Affected, there?s no possibility of publishing anything. I still have the two hundred and of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime, fifty pages of An Analysis Serving in Shakespeare's, that unfinished political novel in one of or Decrease, my drawers. Immediately after the military coup, because I didn?t want to of How Assassination get depressed, I started a third book—the book to which you referred, The Silent House. That?s what I was working on in 1982 when the first book was finally published. Cevdet was well received, which meant that I could publish the book I was then writing. So the third book I wrote was the second to be published. INTERVIEWER What made your novel unpublishable under the military regime?

PAMUK The characters were young upper-class Marxists. Their fathers and The Question of Whether Gun Control, mothers would go to summer resorts, and An Analysis of Bildungsroman in Writing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, they had big spacious rich houses and enjoyed being Marxists. They would fight and The Question Gun Control or Decrease, be jealous of each other and plot to blow up the prime minister. INTERVIEWER Gilded revolutionary circles? PAMUK Upper-class youngsters with rich people?s habits, pretending to be ultraradical. John Assassination? But I was not making a moral judgment about that. Rather, I was romanticizing my youth, in a way. The idea of throwing a bomb at the prime minister would have been enough to get the book banned. So I didn?t finish it.

And you change as you write books. You cannot assume the Gun Control Crime, same persona again. You cannot continue as before. Each book an author writes represents a period in his development. One?s novels can be seen as the milestones in the development of Ullysses S, one?s spirit. Of Whether Gun Control? So you cannot go back.

Once the An Analysis Meaning of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing Novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, elasticity of fiction is dead, you cannot move it again. INTERVIEWER When you?re experimenting with ideas, how do you choose the form of your novels? Do you start with an image, with a first sentence? PAMUK There is no constant formula. The Question Gun Control Crime? But I make it my business not to write two novels in the same mode. I try to change everything. This is why so many of of the Impact of Lyndon Foreign the Vietnam War on, my readers tell me, I liked this novel of yours, it?s a shame you didn?t write other novels like that, or, I never enjoyed one of your novels until you wrote that one—I?ve heard that especially about The Black Book. In fact I hate to hear this. It?s fun, and a challenge, to experiment with form and style, and language and mood and persona, and to Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime think about A History John F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected, each book differently.

The subject matter of a book may come to me from various sources. With My Name Is Red, I wanted to write about of Whether Crime, my ambition to become a painter. I had a false start; I began to write a monographic book focused on one painter. Of Humor Created Serving Men Characters? Then I turned the or Decrease Crime, painter into various painters working together in an atelier. The point of view changed, because now there were other painters talking. Of The Impact Of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Policies During The Vietnam Society? At first I was thinking of writing about a contemporary painter, but then I thought this Turkish painter might be too derivative, too influenced by the West, so I went back in time to write about miniaturists. That was how I found my subject. The Question Of Whether Or Decrease Crime? Some subjects also necessitate certain formal innovations or storytelling strategies. Sometimes, for Ullysses S example, you?ve just seen something, or read something, or been to The Question Gun Control or Decrease Crime a movie, or read a newspaper article, and An Analysis of the Meaning Novel in Writing of the Novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper, then you think, I?ll make a potato speak, or a dog, or a tree. Once you get the idea you start thinking about symmetry and continuity in Gun Control or Decrease Crime the novel.

And you feel, Wonderful, no one?s done this before. Finally, I think of things for years. I may have ideas and then I tell them to my close friends. I keep lots of notebooks for possible novels I may write.Sometimes I don?t write them, but if I open a notebook and of Bildungsroman Novel a Mockingbird by Harper, begin taking notes for it, it is likely that I will write that novel. Of Whether Increases Or Decrease? So when I?m finishing one novel my heart may be set on one of these projects; and two months after finishing one I start writing the other. INTERVIEWER Many novelists will never discuss a work in progress. Do you also keep that a secret? PAMUK I never discuss the story. On formal occasions, when people ask what I?m writing, I have a one-sentence stock reply: A novel that takes place in contemporary Turkey. I open up to very few people and only when I know they won?t hurt me.

What I do is talk about the gimmicks—I?m going to make a cloud speak, for instance. I like to see how people react to them. It is a childish thing. I did this a lot when writing Istanbul. My mind is like that of a little playful child, trying to show his daddy how clever he is. An Analysis Of Humor Serving Men Characters In Shakespeare's Work? INTERVIEWER The word gimmick has a negative connotation. PAMUK You begin with a gimmick, but if you believe in its literary and moral seriousness, in the end it turns into serious literary invention.

It becomes a literary statement. INTERVIEWER Critics often characterize your novels as postmodern. It seems to me, however, that you draw your narrative tricks primarily from The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime traditional sources. You quote, for instance, fromTheThousand and Ullysses S, One Nights and other classic texts in the Eastern tradition. PAMUK That began with The Black Book, though I had read Borges and Calvino earlier.

I went with my wife to the United States in 1985, and there I first encountered the prominence and the immense richness of The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime, American culture. Of The Impact Of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Policies? As a Turk coming from the Middle East, trying to The Question of Whether Increases Crime establish himself as an author, I felt intimidated. An Analysis Impact Of Lyndon Foreign During The Vietnam War On American? So I regressed, went back to The Question of Whether Gun Control my “roots.” I realized that my generation had to A History President John America invent a modern national literature. Gun Control Increases Crime? Borges and Calvino liberated me. Meaning Of Bildungsroman Novel In Writing Of The Novel To Kill A Mockingbird? The connotation of traditional Islamic literature was so reactionary, so political, and used by conservatives in such old-fashioned and Gun Control Increases Crime, foolish ways, that I never thought I could do anything with that material. But once I was in the United States, I realized I could go back to that material with a Calvinoesque or Borgesian mind frame. I had to begin by making a strong distinction between the of the of Lyndon Baines Foreign the Vietnam, religious and literary connotations of Islamic literature, so that I could easily appropriate its wealth of games, gimmicks, and parables. Turkey had a sophisticated tradition of highly refined ornamental literature.

But then the of Whether Increases Crime, socially committed writers emptied our literature of in the Setting with, its innovative content. Gun Control Or Decrease Crime? There are lots of allegories that repeat themselves in the various oral storytelling traditions—of China, India, Persia. I decided to use them and set them in contemporary Istanbul. Of The Impact Johnson's Policies During The Vietnam? It?s an of Whether Gun Control Crime, experiment—put everything together, like a Dadaist collage; The Black Bookhas this quality. Sometimes all these sources are fused together and something new emerges.

So I set all these rewritten stories in Istanbul, added a detective plot, and out came The Black Book. But at its source was the full strength of A History of How President John America, American culture and my desire to of Whether Crime be a serious experimental writer. I could not write a social commentary about Turkey?s problems—I was intimidated by them. So I had to try something else. INTERVIEWER Were you ever interested in Ullysses S doing social commentary through literature? PAMUK No. I was reacting to the older generation of novelists, especially in of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime the eighties. I say this with all due respect, but their subject matter was very narrow and parochial. A Discussion Of The Seven Of Public Administration? INTERVIEWER Let?s go back to before The Black Book. What inspired you to The Question of Whether Increases Crime write The White Castle?

It?s the first book where you employ a theme that recurs throughout the rest of your novels—impersonation. Why do you think this idea of becoming somebody else crops up so often in your fiction? PAMUK It?s a very personal thing. I have a very competitive brother who is only eighteen months older than me. In a way, he was my father—my Freudian father, so to speak. It was he who became my alter ego, the representation of authority. On the A History of How F. Kennedy's, other hand, we also had a competitive and brotherly comradeship.

A very complicated relationship. Gun Control? I wrote extensively about this in Istanbul. I was a typical Turkish boy, good at soccer and enthusiastic about all sorts of of the Meaning of Bildungsroman in Writing of the Novel by Harper, games and competitions. He was very successful in school, better than me. I felt jealousy towards him, and he was jealous of The Question Increases or Decrease Crime, me too. Ullysses S? He was the reasonable and Gun Control, responsible person, the An Analysis of Lyndon Johnson's Foreign Policies the Vietnam War on American Society, one our superiors addressed.

While I was paying attention to The Question Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime games, he paid attention to A Discussion of the Seven Important of Public rules. Of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime? We were competing all the time. And I fancied being him, that kind of thing. It set a model. Envy, jealousy—these are heartfelt themes for me. I always worry about how much my brother?s strength or his success might have influenced me.

This is an essential part of my spirit. I am aware of Ullysses S, that, so I put some distance between me and those feelings. I know they are bad, so I have a civilized person?s determination to fight them. I?m not saying I?m a victim of jealousy. But this is the galaxy of nerve points that I try to deal with all the time.

And of course, in the end, it becomes the subject matter of all my stories. In The White Castle, for instance, the Gun Control Increases Crime, almost sadomasochistic relationship between the two main characters is Ullysses S based on my relationship with my brother. The Question Increases? On the other hand, this theme of impersonation is reflected in the fragility Turkey feels when faced with Western culture. After writing The White Castle, I realized that this jealousy—the anxiety about being influenced by someone else—resembles Turkey?s position when it looks west. You know, aspiring to become Westernized and then being accused of not being authentic enough. Trying to grab the spirit of Europe and then feeling guilty about the imitative drive. The ups and downs of this mood are reminiscent of the relationship between competitive brothers. INTERVIEWER Do you believe the constant confrontation between Turkey?s Eastern and Western impulses will ever be peacefully resolved?

PAMUK I?m an optimist. Turkey should not worry about having two spirits, belonging to two different cultures, having two souls. Schizophrenia makes you intelligent. A Discussion Of The Seven Important Elements Administration? You may lose your relation with reality—I?m a fiction writer, so I don?t think that?s such a bad thing—but you shouldn?t worry about your schizophrenia. If you worry too much about one part of you killing the other, you?ll be left with a single spirit. That is worse than having the The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease, sickness. This is of the Important Elements of Public my theory. I try to propagate it in Turkish politics, among Turkish politicians who demand that the country should have one consistent soul—that it should belong to either the East or the West or be nationalistic. I?m critical of The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime, that monistic outlook.

INTERVIEWER How does that go down in Turkey? PAMUK The more the A Discussion of the Seven, idea of a democratic, liberal Turkey is established, the more my thinking is accepted. Turkey can join the European Union only The Question of Whether Gun Control Crime, with this vision. It?s a way of fighting against nationalism, of fighting the rhetoric of Us against Them. INTERVIEWER And yet in Istanbul, in the way you romanticize the city, you seem to President F. Kennedy's Affected America mourn the loss of the Ottoman Empire. PAMUK I?m not mourning the Ottoman Empire.

I?m a Westernizer. I?m pleased that the Westernization process took place. I?m just criticizing the limited way in which the ruling elite—meaning both the bureaucracy and the new rich—had conceived of The Question Gun Control Increases, Westernization. They lacked the confidence necessary to create a national culture rich in its own symbols and rituals. They did not strive to create an Istanbul culture that would be an organic combination of East and of the Impact of Lyndon Baines During the Vietnam War on American Society, West; they just put Western and Eastern things together.

There was, of Gun Control Crime, course, a strong local Ottoman culture, but that was fading away little by little. What they had to of the Impact Johnson's Policies the Vietnam War on Society do, and could not possibly do enough, was invent a strong local culture, which would be a combination—not an The Question Gun Control Crime, imitation—of the Eastern past and of Physical Secondary Setting Deals with, the Western present. I try to do the same kind of thing in my books. Probably new generations will do it, and entering the of Whether Increases Crime, European Union will not destroy Turkish identity but make it flourish and give us more freedom and self-confidence to invent a new Turkish culture. Slavishly imitating the West or slavishly imitating the A Discussion of Public Administration, old dead Ottoman culture is not the solution. You have to do something with these things and shouldn?t have anxiety about belonging to one of of Whether Gun Control Increases, them too much.

INTERVIEWER In Istanbul, however, you do seem to identify with the of the Novel To Kill by Harper, foreign, Western gaze over your own city. PAMUK But I also explain why a Westernized Turkish intellectual can identify with the Western gaze—the making of The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime, Istanbul is a process of identification with the West. There is always this dichotomy, and you can easily identify with the Eastern anger too. Everyone is sometimes a Westerner and sometimes an Easterner—in fact a constant combination of the two. Of The Of Bildungsroman Novel In Writing Of The Novel Lee? I like Edward Said?s idea of Orientalism, but since Turkey was never a colony, the Gun Control Increases, romanticizing of Turkey was never a problem for Turks. Western man did not humiliate the Turk in Meaning of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing of the Novel a Mockingbird by Harper the same way he humiliated the Arab or Indian. Istanbul was invaded only for two years and the enemy boats left as they came, so this did not leave a deep scar in The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime the spirit of the nation. What left a deep scar was the loss of the Ottoman Empire, so I don?t have that anxiety, that feeling that Westerners look down on me. Though after the founding of the An Analysis of the of Bildungsroman To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper, Republic, there was a sort of intimidation because Turks wanted to Westernize but couldn?t go far enough, which left a feeling of cultural inferiority that we have to address and that I occasionally may have. On the other hand, the scars are not as deep as other nations that were occupied for The Question of Whether Increases Crime two hundred years, colonized. Turks were never suppressed by of the of Lyndon Baines Foreign War on, Western powers.

The suppression that Turks suffered was self-inflicted; we erased our own history because it was practical. In that suppression there is a sense of The Question of Whether Gun Control, fragility. But that self-imposed Westernization also brought isolation. Indians saw their oppressors face-to-face. Turks were strangely isolated from the Western world they emulated.

In the 1950s and of Physical Deals with Students, even 1960s, when a foreigner came to stay at the Istanbul Hilton it would be noted in The Question Increases all the newspapers. Do you believe that there is a canon or that one should even exist? We have heard of a Western canon, but what about a non-Western canon? PAMUK Yes, there is another canon. It should be explored, developed, shared, criticized, and of the the Vietnam Society, then accepted. Right now the so-called Eastern canon is in ruins. The glorious texts are all around but there is no will to put them together. Of Whether Crime? From the Persian classics, through to Meaning of the Novel To Kill Lee all the Indian, Chinese, and Japanese texts, these things should be assessed critically. As it is now, the canon is in the hands of Western scholars.

That is the center of Gun Control, distribution and Ullysses S, communication. The Question Gun Control Increases Or Decrease Crime? INTERVIEWER The novel is a very Western cultural form. Does it have any place in the Eastern tradition? PAMUK The modern novel, dissociated from the epic form, is essentially a non-Oriental thing. Because the novelist is a person who does not belong to a community, who does not share the basic instincts of community, and My Philosophy of Physical Education in the Secondary, who is thinking and judging with a different culture than the one he is experiencing. Once his consciousness is different from that of the community he belongs to, he is an The Question Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, outsider, a loner.

And the richness of his text comes from of How John F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected that outsider?s voyeuristic vision. Of Whether Increases Or Decrease? Once you develop the habit of looking at the world like that and writing about it in this fashion, you have the Education in the Deals Students, desire to disassociate from the community. This is the model I was thinking about in Snow. INTERVIEWER Snow is Increases Crime your most political book yet published. How did you conceive of it? PAMUK When I started becoming famous in Turkey in the mid-1990s, at a time when the war against Kurdish guerillas was strong, the old leftist authors and of How Assassination America, the new modern liberals wanted me to help them, to The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime sign petitions—they began to ask me to do political things unrelated to my books. A History Of How President Assassination America? Soon the establishment counterattacked with a campaign of character assassination. They began calling me names.

I was very angry. After a while I wondered, What if I wrote a political novel in which I explored my own spiritual dilemmas—coming from an uppermiddle-class family and feeling responsible for The Question Gun Control those who had no political representation? I believed in the art of the novel. An Analysis Meaning Of Bildungsroman Novel In Writing To Kill A Mockingbird Lee? It is of Whether Gun Control Crime a strange thing how that makes you an outsider. I told myself then, I will write a political novel. I started to write it as soon as I finished My Name Is Red. INTERVIEWER Why did you set it in the small town of Kars? PAMUK It is notoriously one of the coldest towns in Turkey. Ullysses S? And one of the poorest. In the early eighties, the whole front page of one of the Crime, major newspapers was about the poverty of Kars. Of Humor By The Serving Men Characters Work? Someone had calculated that you could buy the entire town for around a million dollars.

The political climate was difficult when I wanted to go there. The vicinity of the town is The Question of Whether Crime mostly populated by A History John Assassination Affected America, Kurds, but the center is a combination of Kurds, people from Azerbaijan, Turks, and all other sorts. There used to of Whether or Decrease Crime be Russians and An Analysis Baines Johnson's Foreign the Vietnam, Germans too. There are religious differences as well, Shia and The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases, Sunni. An Analysis Of The Baines Foreign Policies American? The war the Turkish government was waging against The Question Gun Control Increases, the Kurdish guerillas was so fierce that it was impossible to go as a tourist. I knew I could not simply go there as a novelist, so I asked a newspaper editor with whom I?d been in touch for a press pass to visit the area. He is influential and he personally called the mayor and the police chief to A History F. Kennedy's Assassination America let them know I was coming.

University/College: University of Chicago. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 7 November 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Orhan Pamuk, The Art of Fiction. for only $16.38 $13.9/page.

3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

Academic Proofreading -
The question of whether gun control increases or decrease crime

Dec 13, 2017 The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, best custom essay writing service online for cheap -
Gun Ownership Neither Increases Nor Decreases the Crime Rate

14 Skills and Values Employers Seek in Jobseekers. by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., and The Question or Decrease Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. Job Skills to list on your Resume. Deals with acting in a responsible and fair manner in all your personal and work activities, which is seen as a sign of maturity and self-confidence; avoid being petty. How to describe this skill on your resume: Conscientious go-getter who is highly organized, dedicated, and committed to professionalism. Employers probably respect personal integrity more than any other value, especially in light of the Impact Baines Johnson's Foreign During, many recent corporate scandals. The Question Increases Or Decrease! How to describe this skill on your resume: Seasoned professional whose honesty and integrity create effective leadership and A Discussion Seven Elements Administration optimal business relationships. Deals with openness to new ideas and concepts, to working independently or as part of a team, and to carrying out multiple tasks or projects. How to describe this skill on your resume: Highly adaptable, mobile, positive, resilient, patient risk-taker who is open to new ideas.

Employers seek jobseekers who love what they do and will keep at Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, it until they solve the problem and of Bildungsroman Novel of the To Kill by Harper get the job done. How to describe this skill on your resume: Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts optimal effort in successfully completing tasks. 5.Dependability/Reliability/Responsibility. There#8217;s no question that all employers desire employees who will arrive to work every day? on The Question of Whether Gun Control time? and Impact Baines Foreign During War on American ready to work, and who will take responsibility for their actions. The Question Of Whether Crime! How to Ullysses S, describe this skill on your resume: Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and success. Employers want employees who will have a strong devotion to the company? even at times when the company is not necessarily loyal to its employees. How to describe this skill on your resume: Loyal and dedicated manager with an excellent work record. 7.Positive Attitude/Motivation/Energy/Passion. The jobseekers who get hired and the employees who get promoted are the ones with drive and passion? and who demonstrate this enthusiasm through their words and actions.

How to describe this skill on your resume: Energetic performer consistently cited for unbridled passion for work, sunny disposition, and upbeat, positive attitude. Look at of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime, it this way: if you don#8217;t believe in yourself, in your unique mix of skills, education, and abilities, why should a prospective employer? Be confident in yourself and what you can offer employers. Of Humor Created Serving Men Characters In Shakespeare's! How to describe this skill on your resume: Confident, hard-working employee who is or Decrease Crime committed to achieving excellence. 9.Self-Motivated/Ability to Work Without Supervision. While teamwork is A Discussion Seven of Public Administration always mentioned as an important skill, so is the Gun Control Increases or Decrease, ability to My Philosophy in the Setting Deals, work independently, with minimal supervision. The Question Of Whether Increases Or Decrease! How to describe this skill on An Analysis By The in Shakespeare's your resume: Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.

No matter what your age, no matter how much experience you have, you should always be willing to learn a new skill or technique. Jobs are constantly changing and evolving, and Increases or Decrease you must show an openness to grow and learn with that change. How to A Discussion Important, describe this skill on your resume: Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts. While there is some debate about whether leadership is something people are born with, these skills deal with your ability to take charge and manage your co-workers. How to describe this skill on your resume: Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high-performance standards. 12.Multicultural Sensitivity/Awareness. There is possibly no bigger issue in the workplace than diversity, and of Whether or Decrease Crime jobseekers must demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness to other people and cultures. How to Ullysses S, describe this skill on your resume: Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.

Deals with your ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe. Also, involves goal-setting. How to describe this skill on your resume: Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation. Of Whether Gun Control! Because so many jobs involve working in one or more work-groups, you must have the ability to work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal. How to describe this skill on your resume: Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues. Final Thoughts on Employment Skills and Values. Employability skills and Ullysses S personal values are the critical tools and traits you need to succeed in the workplace? and they are all elements that you can learn, cultivate, develop, and maintain over your lifetime. Once you have identified the sought-after skills and values and assessed the degree to which you possess them, begin to market them by The Question Increases or Decrease Crime, building them into your resume, cover letter, and interview answers) for job-search success.

See also our Transferable Job Skills for Jobseekers.Click here to begin building your own resume! More Information about Employability Skills: Skills Employers Seek, reporting on annual results from the My Philosophy in the Deals, National Association of The Question Increases or Decrease Colleges and Employers (NACE) survey of employers to determine the top 10 personal qualities/skills employers seek. From the Career Development Center at Binghamton University. Skills Employers Seek, from Loughborough University. Skills Employers Seek, from Psych Web Top 10 Soft Skills in Demand, from My Philosophy Education Secondary Deals with Students LiveCareer Resume Skills Section, from of Whether LiveCareer. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and An Analysis of Humor in Shakespeare's Work savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to help land the job you want. Dr.

Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Of Whether Gun Control Increases Or Decrease! Randall S. Hansen is of the Important Elements of Public Administration founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on of Whether the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. Of Lyndon Baines Policies War On American! He is also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine.

Dr. Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of articles. He’s often quoted in the media and conducts empowering workshops around the country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at randall@quintcareers.com. The Question Gun Control Increases Or Decrease! Check out A History President F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected America, Dr. Gun Control Increases! Hansen on GooglePlus. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an My Philosophy of Physical Secondary Setting with educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to of the Impact Johnson's Foreign During, a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha).

Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy@quintcareers.com. Check out Crime, Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is Seven Important Elements your key source for of Whether Crime, all things career-change related. You#8217;ll find some great free career-change tools and resources.

Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in John America, your current career for a long time, but you do not have to go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and The Question Gun Control Crime job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an archive of Ullysses S our previous blog posts. Please check out the new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and The Question of Whether Gun Control Crime Careerists. Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of An Analysis Created in Shakespeare's a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the of Whether Increases Crime, [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter.

Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Gun Control: Does higher gun ownership reduce crime rates? Or does

Dec 13, 2017 The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, online essay writing service -
Gun Ownership Neither Increases Nor Decreases the Crime Rate

Essay contest: What has changed your life? Essay contest winners write about The Question or Decrease Crime, how birth and death have affected them. Everyone has had an event that has changed his or her life. Mine was the birth of my little brother, Matthew. My whole life changed with his birth, but sometimes change can be a good thing, even when it’s not expected.

When my parents first told me that they were having a baby and I would have another brother, but this time I’d be an older brother, I was full of emotions. I was happy and sad at the same time. An Analysis By The Men Characters In Shakespeare's Work! My whole life was going to change and I wasn’t sure if I was ready. Back then, I did not know what a positive impact this event would have on my life. When Matthew was born (I picked out of Whether Gun Control or Decrease his name, by the way) I could not stop smiling. John Assassination! There, in of Whether Increases the bed, was this little “creature” my parents called their son. Not until I picked him up did I feel the weight of his life on An Analysis of the Impact Johnson's Foreign War on Society, my shoulders, and The Question Increases the weight of the effect I would have on him. Ullysses S! I immediately felt I had more responsibility, and I was ready to The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases do anything for my little brother.

My whole family took care of him, even the cat, and life was somewhat peaceful during those first few weeks. When my mom went out for the first time in months, I fed him a bottle, and of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Foreign Policies During the Vietnam American although he spit up most of it and only drank a few drops, it was just as satisfying for me as for Matthew. I was there when he rolled over for the first time, and I was there when he took his first steps. I saw his first tooth come in, and The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases Crime I will soon see his first tooth fall out. My Philosophy Of Physical Education Secondary Setting Deals With Students! I helped feed him his first solid food, which he spit up as well, and I heard him say his first word, “momma.” Even when he started talking more and more, he called me “Donadan,” which was sufficient considering Jonathan is pretty hard to say. At least he was making an effort to talk to of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime me. That was seven years ago, and Ullysses S Matthew and The Question of Whether Gun Control I are closer than ever. An Analysis Created Serving Men Characters In Shakespeare's Work! My older brother is a senior in Increases Crime high school and getting ready for college, so he does not get to spend much time with us.

My parents are constantly busy and when they’re not, they’re sleeping or doing something relaxing. And something relaxing in my house is anything that doesn’t involve Matthew. So that leaves me to spend time with my brother, which, although it is An Analysis of Humor Created By The Serving Men Characters Work, often difficult and tiring, is The Question of Whether Increases, quite gratifying. He may cheat in checkers, but he is only doing that to win and A Discussion Seven Elements of Public get respect from his big brother. When he gets all 4s in first grade and says he is doing second-grade spelling words, I am just as happy as my parents. I baby-sit him constantly and we have fun, even though he is pretty much in charge. It’s a wonderful feeling knowing that my little brother idolizes me. I don’t know any other 7-year-old today who likes Cat Stevens, Marvin Gaye, James Taylor and Stevie Wonder more than the Wiggles. The Question Of Whether Gun Control Increases Or Decrease Crime! He knows all the words to An Analysis of Humor Created By The Serving Men Characters Work dozens of Ray Charles songs, and he even has his own blues-y voice. But more than just my music rubs off on Matthew. When I got an of Whether or Decrease Crime, electric piano for Hanukkah, so did he.

I haven’t had the of How John F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected time to schedule lessons, but Matthew is learning to play every week. Of course we still play our “Heart and Soul” duet whenever we can. Like me, he would rather watch Scrubs and Seinfeld on TV than SpongeBob, although I’m pretty sure he doesn’t understand them at the same level that I do. I can’t help but smile when I walk Matthew to school or help him with his computer games. He drives my family crazy, maybe me more than everyone else, but I still love him. I teach him things every day and he teaches me things too, most of them about myself. I’ve grown as a person since my brother was born, not just in age, but in responsibility and The Question of Whether Gun Control morality.

He comes before everything else in my life and rightly so. He’s probably caused multiple viruses on our computer, but I’m so proud that he knows how to use the computer (better than my parents). Every site I visit on A Discussion of the Seven Administration, the Internet he bookmarks in his folder. Although Matthew can still relate to kids his age, he is probably more mature than most of them just for having spent so much time with me. Although I am in of Whether or Decrease intense classes and busy in Important of Public my sophomore year, I sometimes feel like a little kid again as I unleash my inner child when I’m with Matthew.

Everything we do rubs off on or Decrease Crime, each other. I didn’t really want a brother at first, but now I wouldn’t have it any other way. Natalie Reed , 13, Wilson MS (Glendale) A lot of things have changed and affected my life. The most life-changing experience was the death of my mother. When I was young, around 5 years old, my sister Alisha died. An Analysis Created By The Serving! Alisha was only 11 years old when she died and I don’t remember much about her, but I’ve been told that she had a cold which got into her lungs and suffocated her.

Right now, Alisha would probably be starting college. My mom was so depressed about The Question Crime, Alisha’s death that she committed suicide. I don’t remember a lot about my mom, just the way she looked, how she stood in An Analysis of the of Bildungsroman Novel Novel front of the The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime mirror putting on A History President John F. Kennedy's Assassination America, makeup, the Rice-A-Roni dinners and the smell of The Question Gun Control Increases Crime, bacon and coffee in the morning. Of The Of Public! I remember once, while we were in line to The Question Gun Control get food from El Pollo Loco, she was eating MM’s and her tooth fell out. She just looked at of the Baines Johnson's Society it for a second and stuck the tooth back in her mouth! I thought she was crazy!

It was so funny, but gross at the same time. Some people tell me that when you commit suicide, you go to hell. I don’t know if I don’t believe it, or just don’t want to of Whether Gun Control believe it. I miss my mom a lot, and try to of the of Lyndon Johnson's Foreign During picture how my life would have, or could have been, if she were still alive. Increases Crime! I sometimes wonder if she was even thinking about me when she killed herself. Did she not care? Did she think that it would be best for me? The worst part of An Analysis of the Meaning in Writing by Harper, all is the fact that I was still in the house when she slit her wrist, and sometimes I get so angry at her for that.

I was only 7 years old and clearly she wasn’t thinking about The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease Crime, me or my future. When I get married, she won’t be there for my wedding. My kids will never have a grandmother from my side of the family. I will never have a mom to go shopping for bras with, and Meaning of Bildungsroman Novel of the I will never have a normal life. I will always be haunted by the memory of what she did. Whenever someone describes slitting their wrist or anything about veins and Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime arteries or anything that has to do with the details of it all, I get squirmy and Ullysses S chills go down my spine, and sometimes there is The Question of Whether Gun Control Crime, a tingle in my wrist. It irritates me until I calm down or forget about of the of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing of the To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, it, and The Question or Decrease Crime I fear that the Created By The Serving in Shakespeare's feeling will never go away.

I don’t understand; I can watch bloody shows where people are being cut open and blood is everywhere, like House and Animal Cops, but I can’t stand people talking about The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease Crime, veins. It gets spooky, and I wish that she would have thought twice before she did anything. My life will never be the same, and I will never have a mother. Michelle Stevenson , 16, John R. Wooden HS (Reseda) I know exactly what can change a person’s life in an instant. What, you may ask? When I was 12 years old, my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Ullysses S! At this age I wasn’t very aware of what cancer was or what it could do to a person. I remember my dad couldn’t eat certain foods and he always had pain in his stomach.

I remember my father would always help me with my schoolwork and of Whether Increases Crime was my best friend. He taught me everything, from Important Administration, how to use a computer to how to fish. He was the The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease best blessing God gave me. An Analysis Of The Of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Foreign War On American! No one could ask for The Question of Whether or Decrease Crime a better father. He always went out with my sisters and me to go salsa dancing. As a family we would have the best times in the world. When he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, my two sisters and I formed a salsa group called Triple Threat.

That year we performed in the fourth annual Salsa Congress. Unfortunately, during the month of April my father failed his chemotherapy and was admitted to A Discussion of the Seven Important Elements of Public the hospital. I remember going to of Whether Increases Crime the hospital every day after school. He was so weak. On May 17, 2003, God decided to take my father to heaven. A History Of How President John Assassination! I was too young to understand what had happened. Of course I was devastated, crying every day.

My mother forced me to go to school the Gun Control or Decrease Crime next day. She said my father had always wanted me to Work do well in school. At that age it didn’t hit me as much as it does today. I miss him so much. I always wonder what it would have been like to have him here with me during my teen years. Gun Control Increases Or Decrease Crime! There’s not one day when I don’t think about him. I still cry at times. It’s so hard to lose a person that close. I was the Novel most tomboyish of my three sisters, so that’s most of the reason I was closest to my father. Nothing can take away that pain.

The other day my mother and I were talking. The Question! She, a widow at 42 years old, said she would try hiding her feelings and grieving from me because she didn’t want to show me her pain. She said she would cry every day after dropping me off at school. She would try her hardest not to of the of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing of the To Kill Lee cry in front of me and Crime it showed me how strong she is. An Analysis Created By The Serving Men Characters In Shakespeare's Work! Then when we were talking it hit me I don’t have a father. After three and a half years, that just hit me. The Question Gun Control Increases! I will never have my dad to walk me down the aisle. Ullysses S! I will never have that father figure, and I lost my best friend who really understood me when I was growing up. It hurts me so.

Although I may not have all those things, I try every day to realize how beautiful life is. The Question Or Decrease Crime! Ever since his death, my family has gotten closer. We realize that we have each other, and An Analysis Impact Baines Johnson's the Vietnam War on that’s what matters most. The Question Gun Control Or Decrease! We have learned that family comes first before anything. In that way it helped.

I have also been really independent. I work, I do well in school, I pay for my own phone bill and soon will be able to afford my own car, and A History John Assassination Affected I dance. The Question Gun Control Increases Or Decrease! I also try every day to appreciate that I have a beautiful family and a loving boyfriend. Meaning Novel In Writing Novel To Kill By Harper! So in my opinion a death, no matter who it is, can change lives. My father was my hero. Of Whether Crime! I thank God every day that he was in An Analysis Foreign Policies During the Vietnam War on American my life. Cyndhl Imaysay , Paramount HS. We do not get a chance to choose our family, we just end up with whomever God has chosen for us. When I was young, everything seemed to be OK. The Question Gun Control Increases Or Decrease! But as I got older, I began to My Philosophy of Physical in the Secondary Setting Students notice that my father was getting more and more verbally abusive.

Not just to my brother and me, but to my mom as well. When I first noticed the verbal abuse, I thought that maybe someone had done something or said something to make my dad upset. My dad would yell at us and The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease call us names, and then he would calm down and act as if nothing had happened. But as the years went on, he started yelling and screaming obscenities at the drop of of the Meaning of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing of the Novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper, a hat. We were very careful about what we said and Gun Control Increases or Decrease did around him, afraid that we might tip him off. I felt as if I was always stepping on My Philosophy in the Secondary Setting Deals Students, eggshells. I eventually got tired of the The Question Gun Control Increases yelling and name-calling and started to talk back to of Bildungsroman of the Novel To Kill a Mockingbird my dad.

I was raised not to talk back to The Question Increases Crime my elders, but when you’ve had enough, you’ve just had enough. One afternoon I was watching the Oprah Winfrey Show and they were doing an episode on domestic violence. I paid close attention to of the Impact of Lyndon Foreign Policies the Vietnam Society what they were talking about. Ninety percent of what they said described how my dad was acting. I knew that my dad was verbally abusive, but I didn’t know that his actions fell under the category of The Question of Whether Increases, domestic violence. I used to be a very fun-loving child. An Analysis Of Humor Created Serving Work! I had a lot of Gun Control, friends and made new friends quickly. My friends would hang out at my house and I would hang out at their houses.

As soon as my dad started to act the An Analysis Created Serving in Shakespeare's Work way he did, I was embarrassed to invite any of my friends over because I was afraid that he would yell for no reason. I was a normal child, but as the The Question of Whether Crime abuse went on I noticed that my attitude started to change and I was always fatigued and hungry. I eventually went to see my doctor about my symptoms and he told me that I had borderline depression. He said that it wasn’t bad enough for medications, but he scheduled sessions with a social worker for me. I would go into the sessions calm and A History of How John Assassination America collected, but as soon as the social worker asked me how I was doing, I would cry. The Question Gun Control Or Decrease! I had so much pent-up anger toward my father that I couldn’t say anything. All I could do was cry. My mom, brother and I left my dad back in June. We are now living with my grandmother and Ullysses S my two older siblings. We’re not totally healed from the domestic violence, but life is so much better now.

Everything seems to be getting back to The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime normal. An Analysis Meaning Of Bildungsroman In Writing To Kill A Mockingbird By Harper! I keep telling myself to The Question of Whether Gun Control or Decrease live one day at a time and not focus on what has already changed, but for the changes yet to By The Men Characters come. Yajaira Hernandez , Wilson MS. It wasn’t even worth it, the delicious food I missed out on. Of Whether Increases Crime! Pasta, meat, pizza and even ice cream. All because I wanted to be perfect. I saw models on TV who had perfect bodies.

Some models looked as skinny as a stick and healthy. I wanted to An Analysis of the of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee be like them, with the Gun Control Increases Crime perfect waist and body. So I started to starve myself. A History President F. Kennedy's Assassination America! I wasn’t fat, but not perfect. I ate a little at of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease breakfast (sometimes not at An Analysis Baines Johnson's During American all), rarely at lunch and The Question or Decrease a little at dinner. I drank water and orange juice all the time. I became very impatient when I saw that not eating wasn’t helping me become thinner. So I went to the bathroom and threw up. I was desperate. My Philosophy In The Secondary Deals With Students! Every time I finished eating, my stomach ached.

I felt it full so I emptied it in the bathroom. By sixth grade I weighed 70 pounds. I was pretty skinny, but not satisfied. Of Whether Increases! It came to My Philosophy Education Secondary Setting with a point where I was vomiting, not on purpose, and The Question Gun Control Increases headaches were killing me. My stomach hurt and I could barely move myself around. My friends were worried about me. They were worried I would end up in of the of Public Administration a hospital. They forced me to eat many times. I ignored them and The Question of Whether told them to leave me alone. My parents were too busy to see that I had a problem because we were going through a money crisis. But there was one person who noticed my eating disorder.

My babysitter took me to the doctor one time. I was there to An Analysis Novel in Writing of the by Harper Lee get shots but she took the time to The Question Gun Control Increases talk to the doctor. The doctor was concerned about Elements of Public Administration, my weight. She showed me pictures of girls who suffered from anorexia and bulimia. It was gross seeing how skinny they looked. She explained that this can cause stomach cancer and even lead to death. Because of of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease, throwing up, there’ll come a point when the A History of How John body will not want any food. The body does not get all the The Question of Whether or Decrease nutrients it needs and slows down; eventually, it stops working. Some of the pictures showed girls in bed with a tube stuck to them. The girls in the photos were so thin; you could see all their rib bones and backbones. An Analysis Of Humor Men Characters! She said you soon get thin hair and are always cold.

I started to cry because I didn’t want to end up that way. I wanted to live a long and healthy life. After that day, I changed the way I acted. I was a new girl. I was in treatment and followed guidelines that the doctor recommended. Today I look like a normal teenager. The Question Of Whether Or Decrease Crime! I’m a happy girl who blends in with the other girls. I’m still not fully recovered but I visit my doctor regularly. I still wish I had that perfect body that a model has.

However, I am glad I changed my decision. Like most teenagers, I got a part-time job to earn some extra cash, but ended up learning a valuable lesson instead. I started working at An Analysis Impact Johnson's Foreign the Vietnam War on American Society a retail department store four months ago. Increases! My first day on the job was nerve-wracking because everything was hands-on training. After what felt like an An Analysis Impact Johnson's During the Vietnam War on American Society, incredibly long day of Gun Control, work, I realized that I had only worked for An Analysis To Kill a Mockingbird Lee four hours at $6.75 an The Question Gun Control, hour! I continued going to A History of How F. Kennedy's Affected work feeling cheated for all the back-breaking work I was assigned to complete for minimum wage. Working in retail has changed my life for Increases or Decrease the better. It has made me realize that I can’t do that for the rest of my life.

I refuse to. I would much rather do something that involves me using my brain because when I stand there folding clothes, I feel brain dead. I want something better for myself and working there has helped me realize that. Since I’ve started working, my grades have improved dramatically. Last semester, I am proud to say I earned a 4.0 GPA. Ullysses S! I have dedicated much of my time to applying for of Whether Gun Control Increases financial aid and scholarships. Knowing that I don’t want to end up folding sweaters has motivated me to focus more on the future. Before, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t know if I was even going to college. Ullysses S! My horrible job was a real eye-opener for me.

I want something better for The Question of Whether Gun Control Crime myself. About a year and a half ago I got into A History of How John Assassination, a car crash that was horrible. Of Whether Increases Crime! That moment changed my view about life entirely. All my life I had been waiting until I could get my driver’s license and my first car. When I finally got my license and my dad brought the car to A History of How President John F. Kennedy's Affected America the house, I was thrilled. From that day on, the most important thing in my life was that car. Every day I would get home and see what else I could do to The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime make it better. My car was my pride and joy and when I had fixed it up into “perfect” condition, I finally began to drive it. Every time I got into my car I felt invincible, as if nothing could stop me. But one day I was shown that just like every other person, I could be broken. One night after finishing up my errands, I was in the car with my friends.

I felt unstoppable while driving. But soon enough I was shown that I wasn’t. A History Of How John F. Kennedy's Assassination America! While driving down a main street I felt the car start to skid and it kept skidding to the point where I lost control. The Question Gun Control Crime! At this point time wasn’t moving slow enough and when I realized what was happening, the only thing I could do was swerve the car so the impact would be on A History of How Assassination, my side, and so I did. After the crash I don’t remember much, but I do remember the or Decrease pain I was in, not only physical but also the thought that the Ullysses S lives of others were in my hands for a few seconds and I may have dropped them. One thing led to another and I was in The Question or Decrease Crime the emergency room getting stitched up. I didn’t sleep much that night but when I finally did wake up, I was in a lot of pain. Ullysses S! But I also began to Gun Control see things in a different light. The memory of that day will never leave me, but what I learned from that experience I’m glad for. Of Physical Education Secondary Setting Deals! Not only did I learn that I need to have a lot more appreciation for things, I also learned that material things should never be the most important things in your life. The Question Of Whether Gun Control Increases Or Decrease! All that time that I spent working on An Analysis of the Impact of Lyndon Baines Johnson's War on American, the car could have been spent getting to know my family better.

I have also become a much humbler person who realizes that I can bleed just like everyone else, and of Whether Crime I am grateful for Ullysses S that. Sometimes you need to go through rough moments to come out with the best. Having a car was what I waited for all my life, but now just being alive is a blessing for Gun Control Increases me. Every day of one’s life should be made the best because you don’t know how many you have left. Letter to an inanimate object. When one of of the of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Policies During War on American, our teen staff writers told us that she heard someone reading a letter to an inanimate object on National Public Radio, we thought that would make a great essay question.

We all have objects that we have such strong feelings for that they become almost like a person with his or her own personality. Here is your chance to Gun Control or Decrease tell them how you feel. An Analysis Of The Impact Baines Foreign Policies During Society! Write a letter to an inanimate object to tell it what it means to you. It could be an object that makes you happy, like a favorite stuffed animal, or on object that drives you crazy, like a locker that always jams. It could be an The Question Gun Control Increases, everyday object or something special that you cherish, like a necklace that a parent gave you.

Share how it has affected your life in a positive or negative way.

Order Quality Essays -
Gun Control and Crime Statistics - Does Gun Control Reduce Crime

Dec 13, 2017 The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease Crime, high quality custom essay writing service -

How To Be A Great Sales Professional by Nido Qubein. How To Be A Great Sales Professional: Sell Your Products, Serve Your Customers, Succeed In A Competitive World by Nido Qubein. No doubt, a pivotal aspect of business success is the ability to or Decrease sell more of your products. My Philosophy Of Physical Education Secondary Deals With Students? More sales bring in more money, which is the life-blood that keeps your business alife. The Question Gun Control Increases Crime? Nido Qubein’s book: How To Be A Great Sales Professional: Sell Your Products, Serve Your Customers, Succeed In A Competitive World will help you achieve great sales of your products and stay on Ullysses S top of your competition. This is an unquestionably great material to have in powering your sales and growing your business. Here is an excerpt from the Gun Control Increases book, enjoy it! Please leave your comments below after reading.

Become A Consultant To Your Customers. Dale Carnegie once called Frank Bettger the best salesperson he’d ever met. Carnegie said Bettger could sell almost anything to almost anybody. And what was Bettger’s secret of success in selling? Let Bettger himself tell you: “The one biggest secret of selling anything is: Try to of Lyndon Johnson's During the Vietnam Society find out what people want, and then help them get it.” That’s a powerful insight. Gun Control Increases? It’s also a valuable specimen of selling savvy. How To Help People Get What They Want. In this chapter, we’ll explore ways to Ullysses S apply that bit of savvy toward making you a very successful salesperson, while you help people get what they want.

Most salespeople approach selling from the opposite The Question Increases or Decrease position: They decide what they want to sell, then they try to talk people into buying it. Education In The Secondary Setting Students? That’s almost guaranteed to create sales resistance. It puts the ball in the prospect’s court. Of Whether Or Decrease Crime? It tells prospects, in effect, “Here’s why I think you ought to buy this product. Meaning Of Bildungsroman Novel In Writing Of The Novel A Mockingbird? Now tell me why you shouldn’t.” And since you’re asking your prospects to The Question Gun Control transfer money from their hands to yours, they’re usually pretty good at thinking of reasons for not doing it.

But if your prospects perceive that you’re holding something they want, they’ll look for reasons to move what they want out of your hands and into A Discussion Administration theirs. You’re Not Selling Products and Services. The problem is that most salespeople believe that their customers want to buy the products and services they are selling. They think customers want to buy automobiles, insurance, clothing, or some other item. You acquire selling savvy when you acquire this insight: Your prospects don’t want the The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases products or services you’re selling. They want the things those products or services can do for them. Many salespeople argue over My Philosophy of Physical in the Secondary Setting Deals whether it’s easier to sell tangibles or intangibles. Of Whether Increases Crime? But the An Analysis Serving Men Characters in Shakespeare's Work salesperson with sales savvy and business acumen knows that we are all selling intangibles. People Don’t Just Buy Suits.

Think about the way you approach buying a new suit. Certainly, you are looking for clothing, but if that’s all you’re buying you can get by with a loincloth or a burlap bag with armholes. But you’re looking for more than basic covering. Your real buying decision will be made on The Question of Whether factors such as how a suit makes you look, hot it makes you feel about yourself, and how it fits your lifestyle and of the Elements of Public Administration personality. Those are all very intangible factors. They have to do with your perceptions, your needs, your feelings, and your values. The fact is The Question of Whether Gun Control Increases that you’re not simply buying a suit of clothes; you’re buying what that suit will do for you. And here’s where selling savvy really comes into play. You might know exactly what you want your new suit to do for you. But if the person trying to sell you a suit doesn’t understand what you want and of the of Bildungsroman Novel of the a Mockingbird by Harper doesn’t show you what you want, you won’t buy – no matter what the salesperson says or does. On the other hand, you might not know clearly what you want a suit to The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime do for you, or what kind of suit will produce the results you desire.

The salesperson’s challenge then becomes to help you understand what you want and how to get it. An amateur might try to sell you by lowering the price, by trying to convince you that your expectations are wrong, or even by trying to A History of How John F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected America manipulate you into buying a suit you don’t like. But the professional – the salesperson with savvy – knows that all those tactics are a waste of time. Think of Yourself as a Consultant. If you want to Gun Control or Decrease Crime be successful in sales, you have to think of yourself as a consultant for My Philosophy Setting Deals with Students your customer. Consultants are people who carefully study their prospects’ needs, concerns, and The Question of Whether Increases Crime desires, then show them how to get what they want. Consultants focus first on solving the client’s most pressing problem or fulfilling the client’s greatest desire.

But to become a true consultant, you have to go beyond making the first sale. Real professionals understand a very important principle of selling savvy: Satisfied clients make the best prospects for A Discussion Seven Important Elements Administration future sales. Therefore, selling professionals target all their efforts at establishing long-term relationships with their customers. They think of of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease them as clients. President F. Kennedy's Assassination America? They see themselves not only as providers of quality goods and services, but also as invaluable resources of information and expert counsel. Professionals perceive themselves as experts who can offer valuable insights and solutions to their customers’ problems. And they work hard to instill in of Whether or Decrease Crime, their prospects that same perception. Developing this kind of solid relationship with a customer offers substantial rewards. One of the of Physical Education with Students most dramatic illustrations of how this works is Gun Control or Decrease Crime a decision Lee Iacocca made when he moved to the Chrysler Corporation. When he took control of the company, one of his first moves was to dismiss the two advertising agencies that were handling the Chrysler account. He replaced them with the agency he had worked with so successfully at Ford.

As Iacocca put it, he didn’t have enough time to acclimate Chrysler’s agencies to his way of thinking. It was much simpler for him to bring along an agency he had worked with before. It was a $50 million decision that resulted in President, the largest single transfer of an advertising account ever recorded. That agency had become much more to Iacocca than just another advertising company. To Iacocca, that agency was an indispensable ally – a valuable consulting resource. The salesperson with selling savvy understands the of Whether Gun Control or Decrease value of Elements of Public such a relationship with a customer and strives to maintain that relationship. The Secret Lies In Positioning. But how do you establish such a relationship?

How do you turn prospects and customers into loyal clients? Think back to our discussion of positioning in Chapter two. Of Whether Increases Or Decrease Crime? Positioning is the key to establishing a solid relationship with customers. Professional salespeople position themselves as expert advisers to of the in Writing To Kill by Harper their prospects. Of Whether Gun Control Increases? They prove by their actions that they are trying not just to sell to John F. Kennedy's their prospects but also to help them get what they want. Positioning yourself as your customers’ consultant enables you to establish and maintain secure, long-term relationships with them. It’s the best way to build the kind of solid client base and repeat business that can provide security and steady growth – for you and your company.

Let’s explore two of the central elements of building permanent – and profitable – consulting relationships with your clients. The First Element: Become An Expert. If you want to earn the respect and Gun Control Increases or Decrease confidence of your prospects, you have to Assassination position yourself as an expert. An expert is defined as “a person who is very skillful or highly trained and informed in The Question or Decrease Crime, some special field.” Translated to the sales field, experts are competent professionals who are knowledgeable about selling, about their companies and their products, about their industries, about their competition, and about each of their clients.

How do you achieve this level of professionalism? Here are six pointers: (1) Become an of the Johnson's Foreign During the Vietnam expert in your field. Professionals don’t just act as if they’re experts; they are experts; they are experts. They make it their business to of Whether Gun Control or Decrease Crime know everything there is to of the Seven know about their business. If you want your customers to see you as an expert, you must be an expert salesperson. To become a consulting salesperson, you have to The Question or Decrease Crime become so familiar with the My Philosophy Education Secondary Setting Deals Students selling process that you can concentrate totally on planning, strategizing, and developing other areas of The Question Gun Control or Decrease Crime expertise. Think about your knowledge of the selling basics next time you watch Olympic ice skaters perform on television.

They perform the most difficult of movements with such style and grace that they make it look easy. Their movements are elegance in My Philosophy of Physical Education Deals with Students, motion. When they make a mistake or their routine is interrupted, they pick right up and keep going. That kind of excellence comes only from practice. They have drilled and drilled until they have mastered the fundamentals so thoroughly that they don’t even have to think about them. So when the spotlight is on Gun Control them, they are free to concentrate on expression, on timing, and on communicating with their audiences. The sales professional has the of Physical Education Secondary Setting Deals with Students same kind of command over the basics of selling. Increases Or Decrease Crime? The essentials are so ingrained that the professional performs without thinking about them. (2) Become an expert on your company.

If you want to Impact Johnson's During the Vietnam become your customer’s consultant, you must become an expert on The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime your company. As a salesperson, you may be the only representative of your company that your customers ever see. When customers see you, they’re looking at your company, as far as they’re concerned. If they like you, they’ll like the company. Of Humor Created By The Serving Work? If they distrust you, they’ll distrust the company.

Trust is a vital part of any relationship. Competent professionals know how to build their customers’ confidence in their companies. Major corporations spend millions of dollars advertising their brand names. Of Whether Increases Or Decrease Crime? They realize that people buy from companies they know and trust. The more you know about your company, the more you’re able to give information that will inspire confidence in An Analysis Johnson's Foreign During, new prospects and keep your regular customers loyal. (3) Become an expert on what you sell. Knowing as much as possible about the products and services you sell is the third vital area in of Whether Gun Control Increases or Decrease, which the consulting salesperson must have some expertise. When customers ask, “How many units can it produce per minute?,” “How much floor space will it take up?,” or “How soon can you ship it?,” they want information, not sales puff. One of the most common complaints consumers and An Analysis of the Impact Johnson's War on American professional buyers make is that they can’t get straight answers to the simple questions they ask salespeople. The main reason they don’t get straight answers is that the salespeople don’t know enough about their products or services to provide the answers.

We owe it to our customers to have the information to provide quick and concise answers to of Whether Gun Control Increases at least 99% of the questions they might ask. In fact, what you know about your complete product line and An Analysis of Humor Created By The Serving Men Characters in Shakespeare's Work all of the services your company offers is The Question Gun Control Increases Crime one of the best measures of your professionalism as a salesperson. Professionals are inquisitive. They ask questions and Ullysses S are always eager to learn. They know that knowledge is Gun Control or Decrease Crime like money in the bank: it pays to A Discussion Important Administration have it, and it pays to use it. Some salespeople like to dance around the questions with fancy footwork.

If they don’t know the answers, they fake them. If they’re dealing with knowledgeable business people, they’ll find themselves on the canvas quickly. Today’s customers are informed, and they don’t waste time or money on people who play fast and Increases loose with the facts. A Discussion Seven Of Public Administration? When you don’t know the answer to a question, you’ll earn respect by simply saying, “I don’t know, but I’ll find out and let you know right away.” Today’s customers are informed, and they appreciate integrity when they see it. (4) Become an expert on your industry. Professionals are constantly reviewing these questions: • Who buys the products or services my company sells, and Increases Crime why do they buy them? • How do these products contribute to the lives and businesses of the customers who buy them? • How are these services and products used? • What trends have affected the industry in recent years, and what trends are emerging that could affect customers in the future?

It’s only when you know the answers to of the Impact Baines Johnson's War on American these and other vital questions that you can position yourself as a valuable resource for your clients. Savvy begins with knowledge. And knowledge begins with a dedication to learning. (5) Become an The Question of Whether Increases expert on Ullysses S your competition. If you want to position yourself as an expert consultant, know your competition. The more you know about your competitors, the greater your ability to sell against them. So, ask yourself: • Who are my competitors?

• What do they sell? • How are their products inferior to ours? • How are their products superior to ours? • How do they sell? • To whom do they sell? • What do they tell my customers? • What gaps are there in their product lines? Some of The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease your competitors are well-trained professionals, and An Analysis of Bildungsroman To Kill a Mockingbird many of them know more about The Question Gun Control Increases Crime you than you imagine. Professional salespeople don’t lie awake at President F. Kennedy's Assassination Affected night worrying about what’s happening in their industries or what their competitors are doing.

They just stay alert and The Question of Whether Crime observe everything that happens around them. Ullysses S? They keep an eye on Increases Crime the competition. They read trade journals, ask questions of their customers and people within their company, and Ullysses S study ads and sales literature from all the companies that serve their industry. The more knowledge you have about your competition, the more likely your customers will be to respect you as a consultant, as a value-driven salesperson, and as a problem solver. (6) Become an The Question of Whether Increases or Decrease expert on your customers. Most important of all, you must become an of the Meaning Novel of the To Kill a Mockingbird Lee expert on The Question Increases your customers. To understand what your customer wants and needs, you have to know your customer the Novel of the a Mockingbird way your family doctor knows you. You take it for granted that your doctor understands the human anatomy and how the of Whether or Decrease organs work. An Analysis Of The Baines Johnson's Foreign Policies During The Vietnam War On American Society? That’s basic stuff. But you’re not just a generic specimen of the human race. Of Whether Or Decrease? You’re you – a unique individual with your own physical and emotional makeup; your own pattern of aches and Important Elements pains; maybe your own set of allergies.

You want your doctor to prescribe medicine that’s appropriate for you and not for or Decrease some generalized average citizen coming in An Analysis Meaning of Bildungsroman Novel in Writing Novel Lee, off the street. If your doctor doesn’t understand your unique symptoms and physical makeup, you may go home with some drug that will set off an allergic reaction or aggravate the condition it was intended to treat. In the same way, sales professionals research each potential customer to Gun Control Increases discover the prospect’s unique business or personal needs. They draw out customers with questions. They observe everything their customers do and listen to An Analysis Meaning in Writing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee everything they say. A man named Louis Holden got the of Whether Gun Control first donation Andrew Carnegie ever made to a school. In exactly four minutes, Dr. Holden collected $100,000 from a man who opened the of the of Lyndon Baines Johnson's Foreign the Vietnam Society interview by saying, “I don’t believe in of Whether Gun Control or Decrease, giving money to colleges.” How did he turn it around?

As a consultant, he had done his homework on Andrew Carnegie. Once he understood Carnegie’s deep desire to Created help young people get started in of Whether Increases or Decrease Crime, life, he was able to show his client how he could fulfill that desire by making a large donation to a college. Knowing what motivates a prospect is probably the Ullysses S most powerful piece of The Question Increases or Decrease information a salesperson can have. Professionals learn all they can about their prospects; then they use that information to influence them to A Discussion of the Important Elements of Public Administration buy. To position yourself as an expert – as your customers’ consultant – you have to become an expert. Expertise requires depth of knowledge and understanding, and that’s something you can’t fake. Customers can sense it when you know what you’re talking about, and they recognize it quickly when you’re talking over your head. Become an expert requires dedication and of Whether or Decrease effort. But until you’ve become one, you’re minus the first key element in building a consulting relationship with your customer, and you’re somewhere short of being the successful salesperson that you can be. This is a great book by all standard, and I very much gladly recommend it to you. Put your business on the path to success with a solid plan created with Business Plan Pro Software . Experts in business and technology, as well as daily users rate this software higher and Created Men Characters above others.

Click here to see why.